Advanced Computer Networks (X_405082) 2020
X_405082 is a granduate course in computer networks. In this course we will discuss advanced topics in computer networking. The context will span broadly from the network core, across the Internet, all the way to the network edge.
The objectives of this course are:
- To learn about the recent/current developments in computer networks
- To understand and reason about the design of these technologies
- To be able to build complex networked systems and evaluate them
Lecturer: Lin Wang
TA: Vinod Nigade, Ramon Winder
Lectures: Tue, Wed 11:00 - 12:45 on Zoom (links available on Canvas)
Office Hours: Every Wednesday before the lecture (10:00 - 11:00) on Zoom. Not mandatory, but feel free to join if you have any questions/comments regarding the lectures, the project, or the course in general.
Literature: No set textbook. All material will be made available during the course. Please check the Modules section on Canvas for weekly reading lists.
- Practical projects: 50%
- Final exam (timed quiz on Canvas): 50%
PASS: iff you obtain no less than 25/50 in both components. Details for grading can be found in the first lecture slides.
- Lecture 1: Introduction [slides]
- Lecture 2: Networking Fundamentals [slides]
- Lecture 3: Forwarding and Routing [slides]
- Lecture 4: Network Transport [slides]
- Lecture 5: Data Center Networking [slides]
- Lecture 6: Network Transport for Data Centers [slides]
- Lecture 7: Software-Defined Networking [slides]
- Lecture 8: Programmable Forwarding [slides]
- Lecutre 9: Video Streaming [slides]
- Lecture 10: Video Stream Analytics [slides]
- Lecture 11: Networking for Machine Learning [slides]
- Lecture 12: Machine Learning for Networking [slides]
- Lecture 13: Wireless and Mobile [slides]