Department of Computer Science
Vrije Universteit Amsterdam (VU Amsterdam)
Email: lin DOT wang AT vu DOT nl
Address: De Boelelaan 1111, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I am a tenure-track Assistant Professor in the high performance distribute computing (HPDC) group of the Computer Systems section at the Department of Computer Science at VU Amsterdam, The Netherlands. I am also an Adjunct Professor at the Department of Computer Science at TU Darmstadt, Germany. I am generally interested in networked systems and specific research topics include edge deep learning, edge storage, intermittent edge computing, and in-network computing.
Openings Two PhD positions (on edge computing) are open. Please reach out if you are interested.
- [08.20] Paper on edge service placement accepted to IEEE/ACM ToN.
- [08.20] Clownfish accepted to ACM/IEEE SEC 2020.
- [07.20] Invited to serve as grant proposal referee for the German Research Foundation (DFG).
- [03.20] Griffin accepted to USENIX HotEdge 2020.
- [03.20] Paper on mmWave multicast scheduling accepted to IEEE WoWMoM 2020.
- [02.20] Invited to serve as grant proposal referee for the Israel Science Foundation (ISF).
- [01.20] Invited to serve as guest editor for MDPI Energies special issue on energy efficiency in cloud and edge computing, submissions are welcome! [link]
- A list of general research tips for systems/networking research [link]
- 2019: University Teaching Qualification (BKO in Dutch)
- 2018: Athene Young Investigator Award, TU Darmstadt
- 2018: Exemplary Reviewer, IEEE Transactions on Communications (TCOM)
- 2017: Significant Reviewer, Future Generation Computer Systems
- 2016: Best Paper Award, IEEE ICNP Workshop
- 2014: Peisu Xia Award (top honor), ICT, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- 2021: ICFEC, ICC, IM
- 2020: ICFEC, NOMS, ICCCN, ICC, IFIP Networking, WEEE@e-Energy, AIChallengeIoT@SenSys
- 2019: HotSALSA@INFOCOM (TPC Co-Chair), ECN (Co-Chair), EdgeSys, IM, PerCom, ISPDC, Euro-Par, AIChallengeIoT@SenSys
- 2018: ECN (Co-Chair), DS-RT, HotPOST, ICCCN, ICC, NOMS
- 2017: PerCom, HotPOST, DS-RT
- 2016: CloudCom (Co-Chair for Ph.D. Consortium)
- 2020: guest editor, Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, special issue on artificial intelligence powered systems and applications in wireless networks
- 2020: guest editor, MDPI Energies, special issue on energy efficiency in cloud and edge computing
- 2018: guest editor, CCF Transactions on Networking, special issue on edge computing and networking
IEEE JSAC, IEEE/ACM ToN, IEEE TMC, IEEE TPDS, IEEE TCOM, IEEE TNSM, IEEE COMMAG, JPDC, etc.
During Jul 2016 - Nov 2018, I worked as an Athene Young Investigator at TU Darmstadt. Before that, I had a brief stay as a postdoctoral research associate at SnT Luxembourg. I obtained my Ph.D. in computer science with distinction from the Institute of Computing Technology (ICT), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). During Sep 2012 - Jan 2014, I was a visiting researcher at IMDEA Networks Institute, Spain.
@ 2020 Lin Wang. All rights reserved.