High Performance Distributed Computing (HPDC) Group
Department of Computer Science
Vrije Universteit Amsterdam (VU Amsterdam)
Email: lin DOT wang AT vu DOT nl
Address: De Boelelaan 1111, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I am a tenure-track Assistant Professor in the Computer Systems section of the Department of Computer Science at VU Amsterdam, The Netherlands. I am also an Adjunct Professor at the Department of Computer Science at TU Darmstadt, Germany. I am generally interested in distributed systems and networking and topics include edge AI inference, edge operating systems, and in-network computing.
[ASPLOS’21] Switches for HIRE: Resource Scheduling for Data Center In-Network Computing
[SEC’20] Clownfish: Edge and Cloud Symbiosis for Video Stream Analytics
[ToN’20] Service Placement for Collaborative Edge Applications
[HotEdge’20] Sharing and Caring of Data at the Edge
[CACM’20] Street Lamps as a Platform
- 2019: University Teaching Qualification (BKO in Dutch)
- 2018: Athene Young Investigator Award, TU Darmstadt
- 2018: Exemplary Reviewer, IEEE Transactions on Communications (TCOM)
- 2017: Significant Reviewer, Future Generation Computer Systems
- 2016: Best Paper Award, IEEE ICNP Workshop
- 2014: Peisu Xia Award (top honor), Institute of Computing Technology, CAS
- 2021: IFIP Networking, ICFEC, ICC, IM, ICCCN
- 2020: ICFEC, NOMS, ICCCN, ICC, IFIP Networking, WEEE@e-Energy, AIChallengeIoT@SenSys
- 2019: HotSALSA@INFOCOM (TPC Co-Chair), ECN (Co-Chair), EdgeSys, IM, ISPDC, Euro-Par, AIChallengeIoT@SenSys
- 2018: ECN (Co-Chair), DS-RT, HotPOST, ICCCN, ICC, NOMS
- 2017: HotPOST, DS-RT
- 2016: CloudCom (Co-Chair for PhD Consortium)
- 2020: guest editor, Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing
- 2018: guest editor, CCF Transactions on Networking
IEEE JSAC, IEEE/ACM ToN, IEEE TMC, IEEE TPDS, IEEE TCOM, IEEE TNSM, IEEE COMMAG, JPDC, etc.
During Jul 2016 - Nov 2018, I worked as an Athene Young Investigator at TU Darmstadt, Germany. Before that, I had a brief stay as a research associate at SnT Luxembourg. I obtained my PhD in computer science with distinction from the Institute of Computing Technology (ICT), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). During Sep 2012 - Jan 2014, I was a visiting researcher at IMDEA Networks Institute, Spain.
“What I cannot create, I do not understand.” – Richard P. Feynman
@ 2021 Lin Wang. All rights reserved.