Department of Computer Science
Vrije Universteit Amsterdam (VU Amsterdam)
Address: De Boelelaan 1111, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Google Scholar | Twitter | LinkedIn | Keybase
I am a tenured Assistant Professor at the Department of Computer Science at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. I am a member of the HPDC group in the Computer Systems section. I am broadly interested in distributed systems and networking. Currently my research is focused on building efficient networked systems to support latency-critical applications by exploiting emerging domain-specific hardware and a converged design of computing and networking.
I am the recipient of a Google Research Scholar Award (2022), an Outstanding Paper Award of RTSS 2022, and an Athene Young Investigator Award of TU Darmstadt (2018). I am a Senior Member of IEEE and a Member of ACM. At VU Amsterdam, I am the coordinator of the MSc Computer Science (joint degree VU/UvA) track Computer Systems and Infrastructure and a member of the program committee for BSc Computer Science.
- 13.01.2023: I will serve on the PC for ACM ApPLIED@PODC 2023.
- 18.12.2022: All materials for MSc course Advanced Computer Networks 2022 are released here.
- 13.12.2022: Received a donation of two Netberg Tofino switches from Intel. Thank you for the kind support!
- 11.11.2022: Jellyfish won an Outstanding Paper Award at RTSS 2022, congrats Vinod!
- 14.10.2022: I will serve on the PC for ACM/IFIP Middleware 2023.
- 14.10.2022: Paper on DNN serving in network data plane accepted to EuroP4 2022.
- 03.10.2022: I will serve on the PC for ACM MobiHoc 2023 and IEEE ICDCS 2023.
- 29.09.2022: I am tenured.
- 06.08.2022: Jellyfish—a real-time inference serving system accepted to RTSS 2022.
- 27.07.2022: HiTDL—a mobile edge system for deep learning inference accepted to IEEE TPDS.
- 12.05.2022: I will serve on the PC for ACM SoCC 2022. Submit your best work on cloud computing!
- 15.04.2022: Project on intermittent computing funded by the Dutch Research Council (NWO).
- 01.04.2022: Received a Google Research Scholar Award!
My research has been generously supported by NWO (Dutch Research Council), Google Research, Intel, and DFG (German Research Foundation).