|Phone:||+49 (6151) 16 - 23194|
|Fax:||+49 (6151) 16 - 23202|
|Address:||Office S2|02 A109|
I am a Senior Researcher, leading the Smart Urban Networks (SUN) research group in the Telecooperation Lab (TK) at TU Darmstadt. Before joining TK, I was a Research Associate at SnT Luxembourg. I obtained my Ph.D. in Computer Science with distinction from the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS). During Sep 2012 - Jan 2014, I was a visiting researcher at IMDEA Networks Institute in Madrid, supervised by Prof. Antonio Fernández Anta. I am a member of IEEE and ACM. My Erdös number is 3 (Antonio Fernández Anta → Shmuel Zaks → Paul Erdös).
- 2017.12: One proposal on edge computing has been approved by DFG (2018-2020).
- 2017.11: One paper on edge service placement got accepted to IEEE INFOCOM 2018.
- 2017.11: One paper on network topology control got accepted to ACM SAC 2018.
- 2017.11: One paper on virtual network embedding got accepted to Morellierung 2018.
- 2017.11: I am serving as TPC for IEEE ICCCN 2018.
- 2017.10: I am serving as TPC for KuVS Fachgespräch Fog Computing 2018.
- 2017.10: I am serving as TPC for IEEE/IFIP NOMS 2018, IEEE ICC 2018, HotPOST@INFOCOM 2018.
- Edge computing and mobile computing
- Networked systems and software defined networking
- Cloud computing and data centers
- Green computing and networking
- PI, DFG-NSFC “SmartEdge: Concepts and Methods for Edge Computing”, 2018.1-2020.12
- Associate Member, DFG SFB MAKI “Multi-Mechanisms Adaptation for the Future Internet”, 2017.10-2020.12
- [INFOCOM’18] Lin Wang, Lei Jiao, Ting He, Jun Li, Max Mühlhäuser, "Service Entity Placement for Social Virtual Reality Applications in Edge Computing", In Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, Honolulu, HI, Apr 2018.
- [ICDCS’17] Lin Wang, Lei Jiao, Jun Li, Max Mühlhäuser, "Online Resource Allocation for Arbitrary User Mobility in Distributed Edge Clouds", In Proceedings of IEEE ICDCS, Atlanta, GA, Jun 2017. [slides]
- [TPDS] Kai Zheng, Lin Wang, Baohua Yang, Yi Sun, Steve Uhlig, "LazyCtrl: A Scalable Hybrid Network Control Plane Design for Cloud Data Centers", IEEE Transactions on Parallel Distributed Systems (TPDS), vol. 28(1), pp. 115-127, 2017.
- [JSAC] Biyu Zhou, Fa Zhang, Lin Wang, Chenying Hou, Antonio Fernández Anta, Youshi Wang, Jie Wu, Zhiyong Liu, "HDEER: A Distributed Routing Scheme for Energy-efficient Networking", IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), vol. 34(5), pp. 1713-1727, 2016.
- [ICDCS’15] Lin Wang, Kai Zheng, Baohua Yang, Yi Sun, Yue Zhang, Steve Uhlig, "LazyCtrl: Scalable Network Control for Cloud Data Centers", In Proceedings of IEEE ICDCS, Columbus, OH, Jun 2015. [poster]
- [ICDCS’14] Lin Wang, Fa Zhang, Kai Zheng, Shaolei Ren, Zhiyong Liu, "Energy-efficient Flow Scheduling and Routing with Hard Deadlines in Data Center Networks", In Proceedings of IEEE ICDCS, Madrid, Spain, Jun 2014.
- [JSAC] Lin Wang, Fa Zhang, Jordi Arjona Aroca, Kai Zheng, Chenying Hou, Dan Li, Zhiyong Liu, "GreenDCN: A General Framework for Achieving Network Energy Efficiency in Data Centers", IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), vol. 32(1), pp. 4-15, 2014.
Recent Professional Activities
- Guest Editor, CCF Transactions on Networking (CCF TON), special issue on edge computing and networking
Organizer or TPCs
- TPC Chair of ECN 2018
- TPC Member of IEEE ICCCN 2018
- TPC Member of KuVS Fachgespräch Fog Computing 2018
- TPC Member of HotPOST@INFOCOM 2018
- TPC Member of IEEE ICC 2018
- TPC Member of IEEE/IFIP NOMS 2018
- TPC (Shadow) Member of ACM IMC 2017
- TPC Member of IEEE/ACM DS-RT 2017
- TPC Member of HotPOST@ICDCS 2017
- TPC Chair for IEEE CloudCom 2016 Ph.D. Consortium
- IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC)
- IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS)
- IEEE Transactions on Communications (TCOM)
- IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC)
- Elsevier Future Generation Computer Systems (FGCS)
- Elsevier Performance Evaluation (PEVA)
- Oxford The Computer Journal
Conference External Reviewer
- ACM SPAA, ACM PODC
- IEEE INFOCOM, IEEE PerCom, IEEE WCNC, IEEE ICC, IEEE ICCCN